14 Dec 2014

some thoughts

It's all because of Ken Takakura, I have been interested in Japanese Movies. When he passed away, the whole China grieves over his death. I think there is a great possibility that every Chinese knows him, even they had never watched his movies, but they must have heard of his name from somewhere. I only watched Kimi yo Fundo no Kawa o Watare recently, but I'm very familiar with it, because when I was little, my Mom told me every detail in the movie. I suppose back to that time, every girl wanted to marry a guy like him, and every guy wanted to mimic him--expressionless, capable and dedicate.

The movie came into China at a special time, and so it caused a special phenomenon. It was an unexpected surprise for both Chinese audiences and Japanese actors. In 1976, there was another master piece released in Japan, which was the Inugami Family. History cannot be rewritten, I'm wondering if it wasn't Kimi yo Fundo no Kawa o Watare to be the first one imported to China but the Inugami Family, what would have happened? Would everyone fond of this tousled-haired Kindaichi: his worn-out hat and flimsy serge hakama? LOL.

The mask man in the Inugami Family shares some similarity with No Face in Spirited Away.













A good movie must has a good beginning and ending and cinematography. The wide angle and worn out blue colour in the Inugami Family expressed me very much.

No comments: